Monday, May 26, 2014

Classic Houndstooth




 





Let's talk about


 houndstooth 

Houndstooth is a duotone broken checked pattern 
most often woven in black and white. It first appeared
in a wool cloth in the Scottish Lowlands.
In 1933, a high-end New York based clothier, De Pinna,
 introduced their men's spring suit collection to include 
houndstooth checks,  Scottish plaids, and gun club checks.

What's great about
this handsome geometric pattern --- 
 is that it reads 
totally different
depending on 
its color 
and its scale.
Hip Houndstooth Cuff
A beautiful cuff by Vestique.com



via




It can be
BOLD and EDGY
or 
it can be 
calm and subtle.









www.eyefordesignlfd.blogspot.com: Decorating With Houndstooth



Laser-Cut Spring Leather Looks From Proenza Schouler, Roberto Cavalli, Sportmax, and More
Something's missing here.... but I like it.             Link


www.eyefordesignlfd.blogspot.com: Decorating With Houndstooth
Adore this room!




G.P. in Houndstooth
Love her style.


Classic Clutch  Modern Houndstooth  Red Silk Lining by Upstyle, $65.00
 Handmade Graphic Clutch via


Houndstooth Wall Stencil - Large Reusable stencils for walls and crafts
This wall treatment is actually from a stencil! Buy it here



Say whaaaat? I never learned this pattern in Potholders 101..... dang.


To buy this bedding? Link here




via
Gorgeous rug from OneKingsLane.com



Tile flooring application 




houndstooth coffee/tea mug.
Love these because without a handle -- they fit perfectly into
your car's cup holder! via




Wallpaper doesn't have to cover the whole wall. Consider adding it just above or below the chair rail if your home has one.
via



www.eyefordesignlfd.blogspot.com: Decorating With Houndstooth



Cute chair renovation via

So...
 do you have any
houndstooth
in your wardrobe
or maybe you've 
let the hounds out 
in your home?!?

Tell me about it!



LOVE <3

L.A.M.B. Tolman Haircalf/Leather Bowler



12 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Love this post, Alison! My all-time favorite pattern is black and white houndstooth. I have a black and white wool houndstooth skirt that I loved this past fall/winter. My daughter's favorite pea coat is a black and white wool houndstooth. I guess the love runs in the family!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love the inspiration. Houndstooth is such a pretty pattern, classic!
Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend.
Blessings,
Cindy

MarmePurl said...

I.want.a.houndstooth.rug.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

I am a big fan of houndstooth in fashion as well as home design. Had a chuckle when I saw those potholders. Boy, did that bring back memories. Have a great week!

Karen said...

Alison,
I love houndstooth. I have a pencil skirt in houndstooth, but I don't have any examples in our home. This post makes me think I need to remedy this! :-)
Karen

therelishedroost said...

Love it and always will!

Karena said...

Alison I adore this post because I have Always loved houndstooth checks!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I LOVE houndstooth....and yes I have it in my wardrobe and in a bench in my home...I want to add more of it in my decor and it is one of my favorite patterns...love all of the pics...especially Gwenyth's coat!!

designchic said...

It is such a favorite. Love it in fashion and interiors. The Kate Spade skirt and the leather suit…fabulous!! Happy weekend ~

Ricki Treleaven said...

I really love this post. Every Alabama fan LOVES it. Roll Tide Roll!

BTW Did you see my daughter in the ESPN SEC Channel University of Alabama promo? EVERYONE in the promo is wearing houndstooth somewhere on their bodies. So. Cool!!!

Sarah said...

I seem to have missed some recent posts, but certainly having a good time catching up tonight.
If you can imagine this, the first sofa I ever purchased was black and white houndstooth. So yes, I let the hounds out in my house when I was in my early 20s. Can't think of any I have now except for accessories in my wardrobe. Great post!

Jaybird said...

LOL...I have on a black and white version jacket...as we speak!!!
Too funny....the jacket is an old favorite that apparently has come back into style :^)
Thanks for a smile for the day!!
Blessings,
J