Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Kentucky Derby Party Tablescape

Centerpiece with Breyer horse in green sheet moss with red rose collar.


Tray of mint juleps for guests set up on the buffet.


Horse with fresh red roses - one of two at either end of the dining table.


In our little town
every spring
there is a home tour
of four or five homes
to raise money for our school district.



Grosgrain ribbon charger layered with plaid plates and a leather embossed charger
atop a plaid table topper layer. Cupcake with a red rose made of icing at each place setting.


The homeowners are asked to open
their homes and tickets are sold to
go through each home. 
The kitchen and dining rooms 
are often staged
by local decorators and florists.

If you remember, two years ago
we picked a Derby Party theme
and decorated one homeowner's 
red plaid dining room 
with a "Run for the Roses" theme. 


Fresh red roses and greens embellish the silver candelabras on the derby party dining table.



A Kentucky bourbon tasting bar set up for guests on one of the sideboards.

Small trophies and old leather books on the mantel in the room.

Red plaid upholstered walls worked well with the Derby Party theme.


This year, we were asked 
to decorate another home 
but this one is an historic home 
of Art Deco style. 
It's amazing!



Each chair was decorated with extra large custom blue ribbons.



We (Jenn, my business partner and I)
decided to set the table
in a Great Gatsby theme 
for the upcoming event
which I will share with you once again.


Leonardo DiCaprio from the Great Gatsby movie.


The event is a few weeks away 
but it has been fun to brainstorm 
with the florist and the baker in town 
to try to pull together an exciting
display for the tour attendees.
Will share photos the day after the event.


Will you be attending 
the Kentucky Derby this year?
Or will you stay home and host 
or maybe attend a Derby Party? 

Tell me.
I really want to know!


We had custom invitations from Etsy to celebrate the event.


A Two's Company red show ribbon photo frame holds a message on the buffet.


Silver julep cups filled and ready for guests.

You might also like to see the 
Derby Party table we set up
for the kids here.

Or the kitchen that we set up
with a Derby Pie station here.



14 comments:

Sarah said...

Alison, I would love to go to the Kentucky Derby once or even attend a Derby party. Such fun to see these shots of your exquisite table. I'm going to add some of these ideas to a Pinterest Board for Derby ideas. Who knows, I may just host my own party some day.
You inspire me! ~ Sarah

Teri said...

I wish I were going to the Derby! But no, I'll be home in TN watching. But you've inspired me to make the afternoon special for hubby and me. It will be fun planning the surprise for him!

Karen said...

Alison,
Your decorations are fabulous. I remember the last party you and your partner decorated for. I love the creativity and will pin some of them for later. Like Sarah, maybe I'll have to host a Kentucky Derby party.
Xo, karen

martinealison said...

Bonjour,
Une très belle initiative...
Merci pour le partage de ces merveilleuses photos.
Gros bisous

Divine Theatre said...

Dear GOD! That is stunning!

xo

Andie

Ron said...

When I shared the previous post, it was so popular and remains one of my favorite posts of all time. I am in awe and cannot wait to see this year's post for Derby. The Kentucky Derby is on my bucket list! xo

Curtains in My Tree said...

Oh I will be home dressed up standing and screaming at my old TV hooked up to cable TV .watching always watching the underdog horse run his heart out.
I lived in Kentucky for years and never went to the Derby of course I was young with little kids and dogs LOL Didn't have real good sense back them LOL

theresa2012ball@gmail.com said...

Years ago, we had friends who hosted a Derby Party. It was so much fun. Since then, nothing....we tend to watch the race on TV. The photos of the Derby Party you posted are lovely. It would be thrilling to be invited to such a party; the details would make you feel so honored that the host had gone to so much "trouble."

Karena said...

Alison you always do it up right! Love the Kentucky Derby!

xoxo
Karena
Feature:Decorate Fearlessly

michele said...

don't know much about the derby but i certainly do remember your decor post because it was kentuckytastic.

good luck on the upcoming festivities!

michele

therelishedroost said...

What a fabulous table setting I believe good ole Gatsby would love it too!!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I am in awe of your Derby tablescape!...I can just imagine the dapper gents and ladies with the gorgeous hats sitting around the table drinking their Mint Juleps!!..

karen@somewhatquirky said...

That red wallpaper is to die for! No I won't be attending the derby this year. It will probably pass me by and I'll never know it even happened. Maybe I should hold a bourbon tasting....

paperjunk-lc said...

What a beautiful setting. I wish I were attending a Derby party looks like so much fun!