Friday, November 27, 2015

Vintage ornament wreath making





Okay---
here we go!
'Tis the season after all.

Thanksgiving is now in the
rearview mirror so to speak 
so now it's time to dive in and focus on
holiday decoration preparations.

This coming week
I am decorating one of my client's homes
for four days 
so I need to squeeze in my own
installations here in the 
"inbetween times".




I saw these vintage ornament wreaths
in Milwaukee in July and made
a note to myself to try to make one
from old ornaments I had ---
ornaments and small items
that had not sold in the antique 
shop last December.


I'm also going to try to recreate 
a wreath like this one 
from Martha Stewart Living:


Courtesy of Martha Stewart Living Magazine 2014


I have been collecting vintage Putz mica houses
and old bottle brush trees for months.
Hoping I can make something remotely similar!



What about you?
Have any "crafty" plans
for your holiday decor this year?

Tell me about it!

xoxox~
Alison


One more thing!
How cute are THESE:


Link

Find this item HERE

Buy this HERE

6 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Love the vintage. Seems everyone will be ready for Christmas early this year.

Lorri said...

I love the red barn!

Debra@CommonGround said...

the Putz house wreath is adorable. first one I've seen!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Oh Alison, I have always LOVED that Martha Stewart wreath from the moment I first saw it! If yuo recreate it you must share! I absolutely love the vintage ornament wreath. It's perfect! xoKathleen

Sarah said...

Love the wreath made with the little Putz houses and bottle brush trees. Can't wait to see your version.
No crafts here, but hope to get started on the Christmas decorating. I want to start with the tree, but no motivation yet. I impressed that you'll be working for 4 days decorating a client's home and then tackle yours too. I need your energy! ;-)
Holliday hugs sent your way.

Karen said...

Alison,
Those wreaths are so charming. I'm so eager to begin to decorate for the holidays...we still have family visiting, but I'm compiling a plan and hope to get started next week!
xo,
Karen