Saturday, November 21, 2015

Thanksgiving Blessings



Here we are in the final days
of  November.
The weeks have started  
to fly by even faster than normal
as they always seem to
at this time of year.

The holiday shopping crunch 
is soon to 
weigh heavy on our minds
 and our lists of 
"Things to Do"
will grow
and grow
before the year's end.







Focusing o
the gathering of friends and family
later this week.

Preparing and sharing a simple meal
that holds 
SO MUCH MEANING
since it is one that we make
the biggest attempt to find each other
at that table to celebrate
the Thanksgiving holiday
t o g e t h e r.




Keeping my mind ever set
on how many blessings I have.
How grateful I am for each and every
little thing --- 
good and bad.






Knowing that FAMILY 
is the most important thing we have,
and enjoying 
that
without fussing too much
over the way the table will look,
or how the recipes will turn out.

Taking time to laugh
and love
and rejoice 
in the special people surrounding me. 

(And those who cannot be here too.)







Remembering to 
not get caught up
in the RUSH of the season
and instead taking time to enjoy
and breathe.














Please know
that I am 
grateful 
when you stop by here.

Thanks 
for being 
my blogging friend!

xoxox~
Alison

14 comments:

Denise said...

Such a nice post, Alison -- I feel exactly the same. I love your Tom Turkeys and the pretty bittersweet vine. :) I hope you and all your loved ones have a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

Hugs to you,

Denise at Forest Manor

NanaDiana said...

What a sweet post, Alison. I love coming to visit you and am always grateful for all my blogging friends, too. We really all have so much to be grateful for-thank you for the reminder to SLOW DOWN! xo Diana

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Your turkeys are all so festive and stately looking! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Sarah said...

Beautiful, thoughtful post, Alison. Our blessings are many. It's important for all of us to slow down and feel gratitude. The beauty in your words and images reflect just that. Thank you for being an inspiration in my life, dear friend.

Rebecca said...

You're well on your way toward a blessed Thanksgiving Day! Inside and out. Thanks for the reminder (AND example) of slowing down to cherish the season and the reason.....Your turkeys fit beautifully into your Thanksgiving decor! Happy Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Thank you for this lovely post!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Karen said...

Alison,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. It's always such a pleasure stopping by your place for a visit. :-)
Karen

Pamela Gordon said...

A beautiful post and photos Alison. I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving week. Enjoy it.

Pinehurst Farm said...

Thankful for such a lovely blog! You are inspiration!
Blessings

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

your post is as warm as your home. Truly you know how to make people feel welcome even if it's only virtual.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

May you have a most warm and wonderful Thanksgiving with your family....celebrating the love of family and friends...celebrating the many blessings of life.

P.S. I have just enjoyed reading your feature again in Midwest Living...found the magazine with my other favorite Christmas/Holiday magazines. I must say that your feature/home is truly one of my favorites!

therelishedroost said...

I am heading out this morning to do shopping for TG! I love your decor its so traditional and heart warming. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Beautiful post - a great reminder to slow down and be thankful for the many blessings we have.

Babs said...

Thank you for the lovely post, Alison. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.