Saturday, January 19, 2013

French Details



If you follow my blog,
you may know that I 
have a full-time 
 design job 
decorating a home 
for a dear friend/client
so I am often
missing from my 
blog posts.






  I feel so bad 
that I don't always have time 
to respond to every lovely
comment that you 
 leave for me.
(Please know they are extremely
 treasured and appreciated!!!!)




Sharing with you today
a couple "snippets" of the
country French style home where I work.
It is simply gorgeous 
and I love pulling up 
to the door here every day.





The home was built over ten years ago
and has changed hands several times.




The builder and original owners
added amazing details, 
importing architectural elements 
such as fireplace surrounds, 
 wood beams, reclaimed floor planks,
and natural stone surfaces 
to create a unique and elegant home.
The doors are all solid wood and were
made by hand. Everything was custom
 down to the hardware 
on the doors and cabinetry.







All photos were taken 
by me over a year ago 
when they first moved in
as I was starting the project. 

So much has changed
surrounding these lovely details. 














 Here are some of the items
we are looking at this week
for consideration in the living room.





In search of a large
antique mirror.





That would possibly hang
above this sofa in a different fabric.


 Link







And two of these chairs in different fabric.



Great details.

Maybe two of these wall sconces 
that are so pretty
and three feet high.


Lillian August

And we are looking for an
interesting wool rug.


Source



A updated pattern
in wool and or silk.

Maybe something like this...?





Still looking for end tables and a coffee table.
So many options, can be overwhelming
when making a decision, you know?


I always tell my clients, 
there is not one correct answer 
to these decorating questions.
So many things can work. 
Just try to find a few great pieces 
you absolutely 
LOVE 
and then fill in around them
to create rooms that reflect your personality
and your passions.

The ultimate goal 
is to create a space you love 
and love to be in.

It's like a puzzle.
You just have to find the right pieces!

Have you found 
anything new to add
to your home spaces lately?







17 comments:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Looks like a beautiful house. Thanks for the peeks!

Unknown said...

OOOhhh... what a beautiful home. LUV the beams... We had beams put in out master and I luv them. Dark... rustic. The arched doorways are simply divine! Looking forward to a few more peeks as the project progresses.
Cheers, Gee

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The architecture in this home is so elegant and beautiful. I would love to see more. Hugs, Marty

The enchanted home said...

Hi Alison...what a gorgeous home. I can see why you love pulling up there every day. How fun and what a beautiful project! I cannot wait to see more!

Leslie said...

Such a beautiful home! The details ARE lovely:) and the wool carpet choices you are looking at are very nice. Thanks for sharing!

Leslie

zanetastyle said...

Hello! How beautiful is this home! And you have a very addictive job that one could embrace as a fulfilling passion and lifestyle. The perfect classy iron railing staircase, mantle, doors and everything are so very stunning, having this old villa feel and a mysteriousness to it all.
Your choices for decor are also perfection...
Enjoy it for me too, I would move in or help you in an instant if that was possible((;

Hugs z

Blondie's Journal said...

This home is incredibly gorgeous. I wonder why it changed owners so many times. I love all of the architectural detail that you have pointed out, especially the doorways and staircase.

As a designer in my area, I suppose you have heard of or been to Walter E. Smithe showrooms. My daughter is a designer at one of their stores. Their furnishing and accessories are just beautiful.

Keep us posted on your work!

XO,
Jane

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love that beamed ceiling, such a gorgeous home!

michele said...

what a gorgeous project to be working on! i can see why you love to go to work. can't wait to see the progress if the client allows.
bravo, you lovely designer.

michele

The French Hutch said...

Oh Alison, What a beautiful home, so many lovely details. I think you have a wonderful job! So happy you are able to share photos, I love seeing the items you are considering for the living room. Love the sofa!

~Emily
The French Hutch

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

OMGoodness, Alison, I am just dying to see ore!!! What a beautiful house! As they say, love is in the details!!! I have a new, beautiful, pagoda shaped lantern that was a house warming gift that I will share soon. Just got it in place, after the holidays. XO, Pinky

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Beautiful woods and details...so pretty!

Garden, Home and Party said...

Alison,
I didn't know you had a full time job with a single client. That is great and I trust, from seeing your own home, that they are in very good and capable hands. I hope they will let you share some of the rooms once they're finished.
Karen

Terri~terrileeauthor said...

Wowsy Woo Woo. I would love pulling up my job every day if I had that waiting for me as well. Lucky girl.
Thanks for sharing with us...hope we get to see more of the results.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Alison, The architecture of this home is amazing. I hope you'll be able to share pictures when the project is completed.
xx, Sherry

Pura Vida said...

Such warm and lovely wood, the details are exquisite

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

How wonderful it must be to work on such a project that has so many spectacular details and architecture...the house is beautiful...and I am sure that it will be just amazing when you are finished...but then again. are we ever finished?!!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful home with us!