Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas 2016














How was your Christmas?
We had both kids with us and one grandmother visiting.
It was wonderful.

























I am always amazed at how much preparation 
it takes to get to the date of December 25th.
So much anticipation 
and then it is gone so fast.

We had lots of laughs,
built puzzles, played games,
and ate way too many sugary treats.

Watched movies together, sat by the fire,
cooked and did thousands of dishes 
(no exaggerating),
and I think I am good 
with another year's worth
of holiday music!

(Not sure how the retailer's do it -- 
as they have been listening to it 
since Halloween in some cases!)

Yikes.













You may remember the countless posts 
with Hallie, our golden. 
She was my "golden shadow" -- 
rarely leaving my side when at home.

We lost her to cancer the day
after Thanksgiving last month.
I still cannot talk about her without
tears flowing. So hard to lose 
a four-legged family member. 

Had no idea how hard it would be.
Heaven got a great pup that day.


So Christmas was odd 
not having her here.
 She is missed.







Another Christmas has come and gone.
How did this happen?!?

Enjoy these last days before the calendar year
changes once again.

Wishing you all a blessed New Year!

xoxox~
Alison


13 comments:

Salmagundi said...

As always, your home looks lovely and inviting. You are right about the time it takes to get ready for Dec. 25th; and, now, we get to disassemble it all and pack it away. Happy New Year! Sally

Rebecca said...

Ahhhhhh. Your home was MADE for Christmas decor! I'm sorry about the loss of your beautiful dog. I can imagine the void in your heart an home. Glad you had a full and busy holiday. I know what you mean about dishes AND holiday music :)

Ours was simple and fine. Since my father has come to live with us, everything is a little bit different. One sister and her family joined the three of us on Christmas Day for dinner and the afternoon of games and conversation. Tomorrow, our daughter and her family will arrive and spend a few hours with us....

2017 is knocking at our door! Yikes!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your home is always beautiful, Alison...and especially at Christmas! I know you miss your sweet dog...xoxo

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Ooh your home is so festive looking! I sure love your kitchen! The trees on the range hood caught my eye right away! Love the long shot of your tree.
So sorry about your losing your sweet Hallie. Never easy.

Kim said...

I am so sorry for your loss! I know Hallie will always be in your heart! I think it is one of the hardest things we do!!! Saying goodbye to our fur babies is just heartbreaking! Sending prayers and hugs!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Alison, I know Christmas wasn't the same without sweet Hallie by your side and each of you must have felt the loss even more during the holiday. Makes me sad to think about your sadness. I'm glad your children were home and that you had this beautiful Christmas together in The Polohouse. Every detail is so pretty. I love all the tartan touches and the warmth that each room radiates. You should take your photos from your archives and create a book on Polohouse.
Enjoy this week after Christmas, relax, and savor this season. Hugs and love from Texas!

My Cozy Casita said...

Alison I know is not the same we open our percent in tears we lost our Lala (boxe) October 7 she was always the first one open percent our family missing her so much we lost her with Cancer to I'm so sorry we are in the same situation in our home
It's so sad
Your home look so cusy for Christmas I'm glad you have all your family at home for Christmas
Many blessing in this camping New Years
XO
Isora

Karen said...

Your home always radiates warmth and charm. Christmas shines in your rooms, just the right amount of plaid and greenery.
My heart breaks for you and your family. It's so hard to lose such a loyal furry family member.
Best to you in the remaining days of 2016 and may 2017 exceed expectation.
xo,
Karen

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Your home is so beautiful Alison!....sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family and I am sure they loved all of the beautiful Christmas decor and how you so lovingly prepared for a Christmas for them to enjoy and take great memories with them! My wish for a great 2017 to you and your family!

Diane said...

Your home is beautiful decked out for the holidays! I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful Hallie. We never have our furry friends as long as we wish we could!

MarmePurl said...

How beautiful your Hallie was...
Many good thought for you and yours for the coming year.

R's Rue said...

Happy New Year.