Friday, August 26, 2016

Shelburne Farm, Vermont

Shelburne Farm - Main Barn



Just got back from another visit 
to the gorgeous state of Vermont.

For those of you who love great barn architecture -- 
I wanted to share some of my photos from this trip. 
A few years ago I visited this farm that sprawls along the shores of Lake Champlain on the Vermont side.
You can see that post here.

A perfect cutie in clover.



My last post was in July. Much too long ago! But with work and my somewhat ordinary life moving way too fast -- 
I find it harder and harder to find the time to blog about things. Having said that, I do miss so many of you terribly. Love and cherish the friendships I have made through this little PH blog. Hope this finds you all doing well.

I do post photos regularly on my Instagram account. 
You can find me over there at Polohousestyle. 





Hoping you will enjoy these images. It's so much better in person, so if you are planning a trip to the Lake Champlain area of Vermont --- I hope you will make plans to go and
visit the gorgeous barns, home, 
and farmlands of Shelburne Farm.

You will fall in love with it too!

xox~
Alison







Pretty little posers!


A farmer's castle, right? A dreamy magical place. 


"Rockie" stole my heart. 


The shoreline of Lake Champlain on the Vermont side. (New York is on the opposite shore
with the Adirondack Mountains in the distance.) 



14 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

Beautiful photos, Alison! I think I have told you that we ski in Vermont all winter so I always love seeing pictures from that lovely state. We go to Killington and hang around mostly from that area to Woodstock - which is another gorgeous town you need to visit. We used to ski further south of Killington at Stratton Mountain which has the beautiful town of Manchester nearby. Actually, all of Vermont is beautiful! I would love to go to some of the areas you mentioned. I am glad you enjoyed your trip and I am happy to see you blogging! I've missed you! Enjoy your weekend!
xo
Shelley

Summer said...

Gorgeous place indeed. Thanks for taking me there ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Salmagundi said...

Your photos are gorgeous, as always. I do follow you on Instagram, and enjoy them there, also. Take care, Sally

Susan said...

I enjoyed your post and the photos!

Rose L said...

That is a fancy farm!! I have always wanted to see the New England states in fall and places like this one!

The French Hutch said...

Such a beautiful place for a visit Alison! Loved the tour through your photographs and I will stroll back through, don't want to miss anything here. Miss you too, sometimes life is so busy the first this to go will be the blog, always happy to see a post from you :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh how so beautiful!....well, this is certainly on my bucket list now!....Always glad to see your beautiful posts...and so happy that they are landing in my email now!...

Karen said...

Hi Alison,
I'm in the same situation where my blog is concerned. I do love Instagram and find it much easier to keep up with. I do enjoy reading your posts, but I also love seeing what you're doing on IG.
That image of the sheep in clover melts my heart. I love lambs.
Happy "end of summer"...can't wait for autumn.
xo,
Karen

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Wow, this farm truly is a magical place! Thank you for sharing your lovely photos with us!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Alison, So nice to see a post from you! I remember when you went to Shelburne and shared some beautiful photos with us. It's one of my favorite places in VT and we are planning a trip up again in the fall. I guess I'll have to learn Instagram because it seems so many of my favorite bloggers are using it! I hope your fall is starting out well! Linda

Ricki Treleaven said...

What a stunning farm, and your photos are so pretty. I love this post! My daughter is taking a barn management class in college this fall, and she will be doing a project designing her dream barn. I think I might have found her inspiration here on this post!

I haven't been blogging much either because life has been crazy busy. I thought we were going to be empty nesters, but our oldest daughter moved home for her graduate school externship. So we had one moving in and one moving out!

It looks like you had a wonderful trip to Vermont, you lucky duck!

xo,
Ricki Jill

danisejati said...

It's really beautiful! Love it.

Sarah said...

Alison, your photos are crystal clear and make me feel as if I am there touring this incredible farm. Rockie stole my heart too! America the beautiful for certain! Enjoy your day. So happy to see a post from you, dear friend. We need an email catch up. What's happening in your life?

Town and Country Gals said...

Alison,
I went to Vermont and New Hampshire last year with my sister, so beautiful, loved it there! I've seen pictures of Shelburne but didn't make it there. Your photos are gorgeous! My blog situation is some what similar, have really slowed down too. I've just recently gotten on Instagram at walnut_and_vine and am enjoying it, so quick and easy. I'm gonna head over to your account and check it out!
Rebecca