Sunday, October 11, 2015

Fall colors



This is the scene 
at the back door of our home.
A chicken nesting bin sits on an old
bench made by my grandfather.

Mums and pumpkins dress up the spot
for the season.




As I was trying to arrange 
this collection this morning, 
our two dogs managed
to chase a little mole out of the flower bed.
Of course it scurried right under 
the wheel barrow here --
 two big dogs in tow in hot pursuit.

The composition changed
after I moved everything 
so they could sniff out 
the little stinker.

He got away!





Unfortunately,
I didn't get photos of the ordeal.
Too worried the little guy 
would run up my leg!






Enjoying the peaceful 
warm fall breezes.







Another lovely day here
 in our little corner of the world.
Hope you had a nice weekend!

~ Alison







10 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

How lovely! Did you make your wreath? I love the bench, you are fortunate to have it. Happy Fall!!!!

Gail Peterson said...

Love your front porch, you've made it so welcoming. I see your Autumn has been beautiful,here in southern California it has been record breaking heat.... sooooo ready to wear a flannel shirt!
Enjoy these picture perfect days!
xo,
Gail
P.S.
Saturday's I am posting a "Designing with Vintage" series from my home, I hope you can come for a visit!
Casual Loves Elegance

Karen said...

Your arrangement of fall loveliness is great. I had to laugh, I was cleaning out the garden bench area of our side yard the other morning...our two dogs smelled a rat so I removed several of the logs we store there and the same thing happened, a juvenile rat ran away...the dogs missed him.

We're supposed to get some cool temps this week. Fingers crossed.
Have a great week.
xo,
Karen

Sarah said...

Alison, your little corner of the world is sheer delight. Autumn is my favorite season. Crushing on your gorgeous needlepoint pillow. Is that a new find? Would live details. ;-)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

How beautiful festive for Fall...how wonderful to have a bench made by your grandfather. I so love that gorgeous wreath!....and send the dogs over to my back yard....I have lots of moles back there!!

Rose L said...

The pumpkin with the big mouth looks like it is throwing up a little pumpkin. I have an odd way of looking at things,

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a lovely post...love the wreath, it's beautiful. And...the nesting box, what a treat!

Pura Vida said...

Nobody captures fall like you do Allison!

Babs said...

Alison, I can just see it now, dogs, mole, wheelbarrow full of pumpkins. What a mix! :) Love your bench and the fabric you chose for the cushion. Hoping it will soon be "pumpkin weather" here in Georgia.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Your place looks BEAUTIFUL! I love it all, but absolutely swoon over that horse pillow.