Sunday, September 14, 2014

my dark side

Image 1: light, foreground, lines, color, orientation, closed composition



I spend way too much time 
on Pinterest,
I am not ashamed to admit it.
;-/



anandamyi arnold 1

♀Food styling still life photography - Blueberries by Mark Boughton


Sharyn Cairns


There is so much
crazy good 
inspiration
out there
it is
ridiculous.


Apple


One of my favorite things 
to collect is 
dark, rich imagery 
in the form of
fruits and flowers.

Whether a photograph
or an artist's rendering --
I love it all.



Source: wwwinspiration






Lily of the Valley:  Sweetness, Humility, Returning Happiness, Trustworthy

Citrus Still Life (photo) via Speckyboy Design Magazine



One of these days
I want to set up a barely lit studio area
 where I can attempt 
to TRY  
(heavy emphasis on the "try") 
to create one of these beauties.

Do they appeal to you too?



*




Thank you, Pinterest!
You're keeping my brain active.
:)



..



(Note: All images taken from Pinterest)





Fruit Still Life - Andrea Gentl



15 comments:

Karen said...

Alison,
I love the old world appeal of these images. They have always intrigued me. I think part of their beauty is the dark background and the incredible contrast between that and the beautifully photographed (or painted) fruit.
Karen

Calypso In The Country said...

Very pretty Alison! I don't think a day goes by that I don't check out Pinterest for some kind of inspiration! Even when I am in line at the grocery store, I click on the app on my phone...addiction. Enjoy your week!
Shelley

Our Hopeful Home said...

Pinterest is one of my favorite pastimes, usually at night when my brain is too tired to do anything else:) Your images are beautiful. My favorite pins run the gamut from flowers to cupcake liner crafts (I know) but I'm not ashamed, either! So much inspiration can't be bad, right?
xoKathleen

Debra@CommonGround said...

such beautiful lighting and composition of these. I love dark and moody elements, they add so much to a space.

Rebecca said...

I KNOW I haven't begun to "tap" Pinterest! I have an account but use it primarily as a file - collecting images from blogs. I don't do much Pinterest-hopping. Yet. :)

And yes, I DO love those dark backgrounds. Abigail Ahern is BIG on dark walls in rooms, etc. She is one of my current favorite decorators.

MarmePurl said...

Makes me want to get out my old paintbrushes that have been hibernating for 25 years. Oh how I love the calmness of the still life, oil or photo.

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Alison. Yes, these images also appeal to me. There's something old world about them isn't there. They are really beautiful works of art. Have a great week! Pam

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

so glad you pointed out the medical benefits (keeping brain active) of Pinterest. All this time, I thought I was just wasting time there. Love all those dark backgrounds as I love the look of dark walls too and have a Pinterest board called black walls to dream of getting brave enough to go dark.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

They DO appeal to me. I never knew Pinterest had this type of thing. Beautiful. I have to resign up to get e-mail notifications from you, I MISS YOU!!!!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I agree...what wonderful paintings they would make. The Lemons, oh my!

Lynne said...

And ALL gorgeous . . .
Love the rich, vibrant, dark . . . rich again . . . fruit against the dark! The Lily of the Valley was yummy too . . .

Terra said...

Yes, these photos appeal to me too. The one with the lemons looks like a painting done long ago. Beautiful.

Heritage Hall said...

Oh the possibilities....and you
have selected some prime examples
of ethereal fruits and flowers ..
elegant and beautiful, Allison..
Gentility

Karena said...

Alison, I love these images. They remind me of Renaissance paintings. Mesmerizing and magical!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Such gorgeous images...I am with ... love beautiful images of fruit...so classic.