Thursday, August 8, 2013

China patterns to covet

Mottahedah

On September 1st
we will share our favorite
CHINA PATTERNS!

Love this pattern!  via Deborah Fairchild
via Pinterest



There are so many
wonderful patterns 
to choose from.



"Louveciennes" ornate china pattern from Haviland.
Haviland

gorgeous china place setting (styled by www.frenchknotweddings.com / photo credit: www.izzyhudgins.com)
Pinterest


Some have been discontinued
through the years, 
and others seem to have that
timeless longevity --
being produced in their original forms
or slightly altered through the years.


Pickard

Herend Rothschild Bird Blue Dinner  9
Herend

When I got married in the late 1980's
I chose a very plain simple white pattern
from Fitz and Floyd. 
See below.
It's got gold banding
and European clean lines...
no curves, no thrills.



Fitz & Floyd's "Classique d'Or"




"Cradley" china pattern from Royal Worcester.
Royal Worcester

At the time,
 I "thought" I didn't want 
to go with a colorful floral or busy pattern
 I might tire of,
thinking instead that for color
I could add 
fresh flowers and/or linens 
to my table. 


And although white plates are
pretty boring, they would always
go with my dining room decor,
super practical. I know, yawn.


Instead I found sets of
patterned salad plates 
to top off the  
gold-rimmed whiteness of my dishes.



Bringing the garden indoors... #pink #kitchen #dishes #flowers #wedding #beautiful #shabby #chic #place_setting
A stunning setting from Yvonne at Stonegable!


I always intended to one day find 
 that "perfect" patterned set
but just never have.

(But I will show you some patterns on the first 
that I have had my eye on.)



via Horchow

So I am very excited to see 
what YOUR favorite 
china patterns are at the 
Favorites on the First party!



Bernadaud


Inspire us.
Tell us how you picked your pattern
and why you love it.


Gien Dionysos

Haviland
Or show us what pattern or patterns
that you dream about.



Cockatrice-Pink by Minton China, Persian Pheasant by Tiffin Franciscan, and Rose Sterling by Kirk Stieff Silver
Minton


Hermes


So get your table's Sunday best out
and snap some photos to share, ok?

Tiffany and Co.


Save the date!
September 1st
Your favorite china pattern

Blue Canton



Lenox


Fayence pattern by Pierre/patrick Frey
Pierre Frey

5 comments:

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

I love all of these patterns...but my all time favorite is Herend Rothschild (and I love it with the blue border!). Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

therelishedroost said...

So funny I am into china today too ,I love the ones you picked they are stunners!
xoKarolyn

Sarah said...

Alison, this is a fun topic! You know I love dishes, so will certainly have plenty in house to share. That said, I have my eye on a pattern to accent the Mottahedah plates in the Sacred Bird pattern that Cherry Kay gifted me last year. Too bad they are so expensive! ;-)

Pura Vida said...

oh my goodness how fun!!! you come up with the best!

ali-ref said...

HI THERE! I LOVE ELEGANT TEA SETS AND DINNER SETS, I M IN LOVE WITH THE SET - via HORCHOW, IT IS STUNNING. HOW DO YOU SELL THIS SET, IT TAKES MY BREATH AWAY. YOU HAVE A GREAT CHOICE.