Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Favorites on the First: Flowers!







Happy Spring!



Tulip fields near Amsterdam  (via Tumblr)



 Can you smell the lavender ......?


Welcome back
to another edition of
Favorites on the First

This month we are sharing
F L O W E R S




You can link up
 blooms in your yard,
 blossoms in your vases
or you can link up a post
on any flowers you love...
as long as they are
 fresh flowers ---
link them up!










Like every month ---
you can link anytime
for the three days that the party runs ---
on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd
of every month.

Now on to my post about
my garden flowers....
well, 
um, 
they just haven't bloomed yet!

You have heard me going on
(and on and on)
about our spring being very late
to arrive this year.

It has been cold and rainy here,
until yesterday -- 
it hit 85!

And believe me,
I am loving every little 
sunny degree
of it.
So completely ready for the warmth.

So on Monday,
(knowing I had to post my flowers on Thursday,)
I had to run to our local greenhouse
and buy some goodies to share.

So here are a couple shots 
of the old chicken coop nesting bin
on the back side porch.
It's filled with little pots of
ivy and purple blue pansies.
I also grabbed a couple hydrangeas --
the larger one smells heavenly!
I never knew a hydrangea
could smell so lovely.




Will take more shots and add them later. Running off to work right now!



So go snap some pics of your flowers
and come back and show us 
the fruits of your

G R E E N    T H U M B S

:)


Hyacinth fields via Tumblr

16 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

How fast another First of the Month is here, dear Alyson! I'm trying to post my Bil's prefessional Rose Farm, but I can't, it looks like it got stock and just doesn't want to go to your post!! I'll keep trying. Thank you sweetie for the great party! Big hugs,
FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Ok, it's gone! The Hyacinth Field is stunning, I wish I could fly on tp of it myself..gorgeous!! The chicken coop nestin bin is amazing, I love it, what a great idea! Big hugs,
FABBY

The French Hutch said...

Hi Alison, beautiful spring flower photos. I love your chicken coop with the little pots of ivy and pansies. What a great way to dress it up. With your eighty plus degrees I’m sure your spring will be bursting forth soon! Thanks for hosting.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Karen said...

Alison,
I always love your parties! Thanks for hosting. We've been slow to warm as well, this weekend will finally prove it's spring, headed full steam into summer.
Your pansy's and ivy look charming.
Karen

Divine Theatre said...

That is such a cute idea with the pansies and ivy!
Coincidentally, I just posted about my gardens so I thought I would share!
I cannot wait for my gardens to look as lush and full as yours! *sigh*

xo

Andie

Kathleen said...

So excited to be joining you this month!Thanks for hosting and hope you're having a beautiful day! Happy May Day!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Great idea! Running out to my garden now before it hits 40 degrees tonight and believe it or not I live in Texas.

The enchanted home said...

What beautiful images...I never tire of seeing beautiful flowers and yours are breathtaking!

Sarah said...

Alison, glad you are getting some spring weather. It's been lovely here. Wow, that field of hyacinths is amazing. '-) Thanks for hosting! ~ Sarah

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

Thanks for hosting this fun party! Hope you have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Nici

Miss Kitty said...

Thanks for hosting your fun "firsts" party for us today, Alison! I had a whole "nother post planned but I accidentally left my camera at an out of town wedding with all my flower photos on it. Can I post another entry if it gets back to me before the party deadline? In your post before this one, you talked about taking photos at places...I got in "trouble" two times on that trip for taking photos at shops, etc. I'm not as polite as you to ask permission...I'm usually just asking for forgiveness.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Alison, Our flowers are just starting to pop open here in CT--mostly daffodils, a few tulips, and lots of flowering trees! I'm so happy the warm weather is finally here. So I'm linking up some fresh flower centerpieces that amazed me at a recent gathering! Hope you enjoy the horse table! Linda

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Thanks so much for hosting!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I am joining you for the first time...thanks for hosting! Hugs, Penny

Babs said...

Alison, That's the cutest use for a chicken coop I've ever seen. Thanks so much for hosting a fun party.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful photos! At last, we have spring.