Sunday, October 21, 2012

Time to think about gift-giving

Personalized stationery from the Happy Hound on Etsy


Ralph Lauren's Wentworth Candle
(The silver lid and base become a trinket box when the candle is gone.
Just remove the glass and you're left with a handsome keepsake
tortoiseshell lidded box. So smart.)


Just a little reminder
that this November 1st 
is another edition of 
Favorites on the First
and the theme this time 
will be
Your Favorite Gifts to Give!

Just in time for 
holiday gift-giving.

Why not share some ideas
on what you LOVE to give?

Small children on my list will get a copy of my dear friend
Sherri Duskey Rinker's
New York Times' best-selling book (for over a year now)-
Good Night Good Night Construction Site"


It's always fun to learn about
new things 
and since the holidays
are right around the corner,
 we can inspire each other
with our favorite gift ideas
 that others may not
know of.

Monogram key chains from Periwinkleonline.com


I am very excited to learn
about what YOU 
are planning to give this season. 
I need some new fresh ideas!


Lovely monogrammed linen napkins from Horchow.com 


So start thinking about 
what you would like to share.
 In the meantime,
here are a couple ideas I have added
to my gift-giving idea list for December.


Fresh handmade Danish kringles delivered to your door
from OhDanishBakery.com   To DIE FOR, omg!

What sweet things will you share with us?

BONUS QUESTION! 
Just had an idea...
please post a BONUS GIFT item....
a gift that you would give to
your friends if you were
to WIN THE LOTTERY!
If you had no budget!
(Sort of like... what would Oprah give?)


WHAT would you give?





11 comments:

Ron said...

Love that RL candle. xo

Susan Freeman said...

I am looking forward to sharing some gift giving ideas with you Alison!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

MarmePurl said...

Oh the good things we learn from fellow bloggers.My grandsone will be getting that book. How cute.

Terri~terrileeauthor said...

Oooooh, I would love someone to deliver those Danish Kringles to MY door. I can almost smell them now.
Hard to believe that it's time to start thinking about gift giving. But, I'm ready.

Garden, Home and Party said...

Ohhh, I can hardly wait, this will be so much fun.
Karen

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

If there was no budget, I would give my son a house, and my daughter all the things she needs to furnish her new house:) That NOT being the case, however the gifts will be alot simpler. I have 2 things for my son: a drawing of his grandparents home that he LOVED, and another fmily thing. Not sure yet about my daughter but I AM decorating her whole house for NOTHIN:):) XO, Pinky

Rose L said...

If I won a lottery, I would get my friend Joan a new car as hers is falling apart and she needs something reliable. She is expecting her first grandchild soon.
I would give my family a reunion so we could get together and enjoy ourselves (have not seen them in 8 years).
I would give my friend, Sherry, a new car as she also has a junker.
I would want to do so much more (my church, scholarship, charities, etc.) and feel so happy to be able to do it all.

Katie Runnels said...

Hi Alison!

Send me your email address. I think I can help you! Thanks for your message!

Katie Runnels
katierunnels@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison! Wonderful gift ideas. Oh, if I had all the money in the world I would help my children in any way they needed, help my church and get me a few things! :)
Thanks for popping in to see me and your sweet compliments on my little hutch.
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Pura Vida said...

a trip...wherever they wanted...they pick a theme...I do all the rest and have them picked up in a limo...off to a dream vacation! $$$ is NOT an object! so we're talking ANYWHERE!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your gift ideas...especially the RL candle...so beautiful...I love giving things that are personalized...monogrammed...from personalized stationery to personalized stamps...always trying to find the perfect gift...Great idea for "the party"...Looking forward to it!