Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Favorites on the First: Favorite Recipes







Here we are again
for 
Favorites on the First!

Are you ready to 
share your 
favorite recipes?

This was a tough
one for me since I have
lots of favorite recipes.


But here are three 
that you might like...?









Parmesan Chicken Breasts


1.5 lbs boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 stick of butter, melted
1 1/4 cups of bread crumbs, plain
Salt and pepper to taste


Separate the chicken breasts and
flatten each slightly with a meat tenderizer. 
Put melted butter in a large bowl.
In another large bowl, mix cheese, 
bread crumbs and 
salt and pepper to taste.


Take each chicken breast and drench it
in the melted butter, and then coat  
with the bread crumb/cheese mixture.


Place each piece in a 
buttered casserole dish
& bake at 350 degrees 
for 25-30 minutes
or until golden brown.


(Kids especially love this dish.
This is my go-to recipe when making
dinner for a friend's family.)







Orzo Greek Summer Salad


10 ox. box of orzo pasta
1/3 c. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes,
drained and chopped
5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. chopped Kalamata olives
1 c. finely chopped radicchio
1/2 c. pine nuts, toasted
1/2 c. chopped fresh basil
1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 lg. cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese

Make the orzo according to package,
drain well and transfer to large bowl. 
Add tomatoes, oil, vinegar and olives. 
Toss to blend. Let stand until cool. 


Mix chopped radicchio, buts, basil, 
cheese and garlic into orzo mixture. 
Season with salt and pepper to taste. 
Serve at room temperature.
Serves 6 








 Edamame Hummu


1 1/2 c. shelled edamame, blanched
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
2 peeled garlic cloves
1/2 c. fresh parsley
2-3 Tbsp. tahini paste
3-4 Tbsp. water
4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1-2 dashes of Tobasco sauce
1/2 tsp. paprika, optional
Fresh pita chip or vegetables for dipping


Place oil, salt, garlic, coriander, and
cumin in a food processor and pulse
to combine. Add edamame, parsley,
tahini, water, lemon juice and process
until smooth. Spoon into a bowl
and refrigerate to allow flavors to
blend for a few hours. Dust with paprika
and serve with pitas or fresh vegetables.








Now share you favorites below!
Can't wait to see what you
love to make at your home.


Thanks for joining
Favorites on the First.










29 comments:

Janette - The2Seasons said...

This is fun. Thanks for hosting. My gazpacho recipe is perfect since tomatoes are in full force right now.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I will be checking back for more recipes-love these so far- xo Diana

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D The chicken recipe will be put to good use around here soon. It sounds fantastic!!! Thanks for hosting, Alison.

xo,
Ricki Jill

The enchanted home said...

Oh yum! I must try that Greek orzo salad, have had something similiar and loved it, make those chicken breasts, a favorite of my kids. Thanks for sharing!

Keeping It Cozy said...

They all look delicious... I'll definitely be trying the parmesan chicken. Yum!

Ron said...

Thanks for hosting, Alison! What a great idea. I added one recipe for food and another for a summer cocktail. Cheers. xo

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

They sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing and hosting.
Penny

michele said...

yummmmmmm, alison.

i made an orzo salad last night, and this one sounds like a winner.

i'm gonna link up my recipe for macarons even though this is not something i make very often!

love to you.

michele

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Hi Alision! Thanks so much for hosting this DELICIOUS linky! All three of your recipes are winners... but I must try your Greek Orzo Salad. LOVE Greek flavors!
Please stop by ON THE MENU MONDAY and share these recipes with us there! Link goes live each Sunday evening!
I would like to put your greek salad on my menu next week. Could I use your picture with a shout-out and a link back to this post?
Let me know! OH YUMMY!
Now I am off to visit all the creative culinary party animals!

Terri~terrileeauthor said...

You had me a 'parmesan chicken breasts' :)
Thanks for sharing, I will definnately be giving these a try.
Sounds like a great Summer meal.

Anonymous said...

Alison,
Your Greek Summer salad looks really good. Thank you for hosting.

Our French Inspired Home said...

I dont think you can go wrong with cheese and butter. The orzo salad looks great. I make a similar with Gemelli pasta.

Teri said...

Hi Alison,

Thanks for visiting my blog. The fish fritters were wonderful. I'll blog the recipe for a post next Tuesday (the 7th) so you can have the recipe.

teri-gonewalkabout2.blogspot.com

FABBY'S LIVING said...

FIRST: You look gorgeous dear Alyson in your new pic!! I don't have any food posted today, because right now this is my favorite thing I just found!! I wanted to share with Favorites on the 1st. I love the chicken recipe and orzo salad. I'm going to check the other recipes now!
Hugs,
FABBY

Sarah said...

Alison, all three look delicious. Can't really have just one favorite. The chicken will go on our menu this week. Thanks for hosting each month. It's a favorite!
~ Sarah

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Alison, thanks for hosting this! I think I better print all the recipes and start a Favorites mini cookbook. They would be welcome on my menu.

Calypso In The Country said...

Wow, I can't believe it is the 1st already! This summer is just blowing by! I have to try that parmesan chicken. I think my kids would love it too! Thanks for hosting today!
-Shelley

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

Thanks so much for hosting this fun party. Your favorite recipes look so yummy. Can't wait to try the Greek Orzo Salad.

Blessings,
Nici

Mary said...

All three recipes look delicious! We enjoy a variation of your Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, but with spinach and without the feta! I need to add feta! Thanks for hosting :)

Bliss said...

They all sound yummy. I might just have to take pictures tonight of our meal so I have something to link.

~Bliss~

Garden, Home and Party said...

Alison,
The Parmesan Chicken, Orzo and humus sound wonderful. I hope to get lots of new recipe ideas from this party. Thanks for hosting.
Karen

Lynn said...

The Parm Chicken Breasts are calling my name! Thanks for the fun idea for a party:@)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What fun, Alison! I love recipes and thanks for hosting.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Hi Alison! I've linked up a couple of recipes. 2 family favorites. Hope all is well with you. I'm sure you've been busy but I hope you've enjoyed the summer. It's going fast! Thanks for hosting...

Carole said...

Thanks ALison that edamame hummus is a nice change to chickpeas....though I'm a chickpea nut!

x
C

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'm your newest follower :). Thanks for your sweet comments.

La Maison des Plaines said...

Hi! Alison,

Your choice of favorites look yummy! I have to try the Edamane Hummus. Love hummus!

Thanks! for hosting & sharing.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings & Hugs,
Marlene

Babs said...

Those Parmesan chicken tenders looks really good. I'll make these for sure. I'm always looking for new, quick chicken recipes. Yum!
Babs

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I make the chicken breats too! I WILL make the orzo sallad, I just copied it. Thanks for hosting. Even though I don't ahve a recipe post to share I will enjoy seeing all the others posts!!! XO, Pinky