Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Get your tartan and plaids ready....







... because...
National Tartan Day 
is coming up on
April 6, 2012!



 



So,
if you have any plaids or tartans 
in your home or wardrobe
 please plan to share it with all of
us at the linky party
on April 1st for
Favorites on the First!

But wait, 
you must know,
we are trying something 
different this time.....

this month's linky party 
will be a BLOCK PARTY
which we have affectionately named
The Tartan Parade.


Four Blog. Four days. Be there. April 1 - 4, 2012


It will take place on these
four plaidly tartan-obsessed blogs:

Vignette Design with Delores
and The Polohouse.



This is Fitzpatrick Tartan, and my great-great grandmother was a Fitzpatrick.:)



Yes, you might have noticed,
we post rather regularly on our plaid collectibles.
It is an obsession -- we know, 
and some of us are in group therapy because of it,
 but we are skipping it this month
and decided to hold a little
"group therapy" of our own,
and 
YOU ARE INVITED!


Four Blog. Four days. Be there. April 1 - 4, 2012


            Come on, pull it all out
                           and flaunt your
 PLAIDITUDE 
                              for all to see.






So if you are

MAD
FOR 
PLAID

link here or with Delores, or Sarah, or Babs
at one of their blogs 
and we all be able to celebrate
 the day together!





Cannot wait to see
your plaiditude!

Join in for the Tartan Parade, won't you please?






This is Fitzpatrick Hunting Tartan... have to add a blanket to my collection someday.







22 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh yay, this sounds fun, I'm putting it on my calendar!!

Olive said...

Alison, if only I can get Joe into his kilt. He has an authentic one from Ireland and I nearly had to beat the Irish woman who fitted it on him. She was flirting. We used to go to festivals and he wore it then. I fear I have very little plaid around here but will love seeing other folks plaids and tartans. hugs, olive

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I don't have any plaid/tartan anything, but I will be lurking and checking out all of the others.

Mary Anne said...

What a great idea Alison! I love plaid and use it often in my clients homes. Always love the end result! Do have a few plaids. . . .hmmmm.

m.a. ox

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Seriously, Allison? Not being of Irish or Scottish dissent, there's no plaid happening here. There are probably a million other plaidaholics out there, but not me. I did my plaid thing in Catholic school. :)

Upscale Downhome said...

I am mad for plaid. I have to be Scottish somewhere back in my heritage because I love it so much! Can't wait to for the party!

debra @ 5th and state said...

it works, i got through!!!!

i am a plaid-o-phile, but it's harmless, will go into my tartan collection

best
debra

Bliss said...

Boy now I sure wish I had the parade of plaid dresses my mom made me when I was little. Maybe I can scan the pictures.... hmmm...

~Bliss~

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Sounds fun, I think I even have enough plaid t post all four days. LOL

Sarah said...

Alison, great job. I'm so excited we are doing this for Favorites on the First. ~ Sarah

Gail Peterson said...

I love plaid... There is plaid at my house too, just not sure where at the moment!
It is so timeless isn't it.
Happy Spring*
xo,
Gail
wwww.casualloveselegance

County Line Road said...

A girl with a tartan header would not miss this party!

Anonymous said...

My entire laundry room is plaid, but NOT the pretty kind. It is next on the list to be remodeled! :o)

The French Hutch said...

Hi Alison, I love plaids and tartan. I don't have a lot of it but love it. I've added your mad for plaid to my sidebar.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Savannah Granny said...

Sounds like fun. I will have to join up since our sir name, Knox, is Scottish.
I will see what I can come up with.
BTW, I liked you on facebook and subscribed to email. I am trying to switch over to email notices. Seems better to have it all in once place.
Have a great weekend. Ginger

La Maison des Plaines said...

Hi! Alison,

Love the mad for plaid! lol. Sounds like fun!

I still haven't done the Linky change over yet. A must do.

Love plaid and tartans, too! In my blood, my great-grandmother was Scottish from Aberdeen :o)

Hey! I'm having a Giveaway on my website. Don't forget to enter the draw. Everyone is welcome!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Blessings & Hugs,
Marlene

payroll services said...

Great art designs on the fabrics.It really extra ordinary creation on the fabrics.This kind of fabrics use for the blanket.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Yes, of course, here I am... do you see my hand wildly waving? I LOVE tartans!We are a member of the Buchanan clan and I see you have our tartan in your post! As a child I lived a few years in Scotland and went to an all girl's private boarding academy and wore tartan every day! Oh, I should get out some old pictures of me in my tartan uniform! Tartan just feels like home to me!
I am looking forward to the Tartan Parade. Thanks for putting this together for us!
Yvonne

AntiqueChase said...

HEY MY LONG LOST BFF~
No error warning message! Whew, so glad!
xxoo
Marcy

Connie (aka LOU) said...

Yes, no error message. Don't take this personally but that was ugly. Had to be frustrating on your end. I don't have much plaid, if any, but I will be sure to see what everyone else brings to the party. Later!

busana muslim said...

This is a great posting I have read. I like your article.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Cute idea! The last time I saw so much plaid was catholic school:) I can't say I have any plaid just the memories.

Dee