Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tom, The Inspirational!





Earlier this week,
I was a little bit hard on 
Old Tom Turkey.

I said he wasn't one of
the "most attractive" animals 
on this planet.



Sorry Tom!
Please don't pout.


So to make it up to you ....
I wanted to share 
how your feathered image has
inspired others 
(via Pinterest) 
to make
these great treats and decorations
for the holiday upon us.

Check these out:

Turkey!

Pinned Image

Candy Turkey
 
Pinned Image
 


Chocolate Turkey table favors for Thanksgiving
 Chocolate turkeys? My new favorite version!

Cute Turkey candy pops
 


Turkey pops, what a fun school party treat!
 



Turkey
 

Turkey Candy Corn Thanksgiving Cupcakes


Turkey Lollipops
CAKE POPS...Thanksgiving Turkey Pops...



turkey
Gobble gobble!



turkey
 


Pinned Image
Here's one way to get your little ones to eat healthy!




And now.... 
some shopping links 
for those of you who mentioned 
you might like to add a
 vintage transferware turkey platter 
like mine
to your entertaining serving pieces.

Here are just a few 
of the many available out there online!



Huge Transferware Turkey Platter - Made in Japan
Buy this old guy HERE



Vintage Thanksgiving Turkey Transferware Platter
Buy this! Link Here


Homer Laughlin Eggshell Georgian Turkey Platter (SALE)
Or buy this one HERE

Vintage Ironstone Turkey Platter, American Tradition King Tom
Or this one HERE!


Have fun getting ready for 
the great American feast 
on Thursday.

Are you hosting?




21 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Alison, I just had to laugh when I saw the pinecone turkey. We made those in elementary school! LOL! The one made from Oreos was really cute, too! Thanks for sharing! The transferware that you featured is just gorgeous! I loved them all! Have a great day!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I think Tom forgives you now!
Yes, we are having 12 for dinner...I better get off of here and go make my grocery list!

Blondie's Journal said...

These little guys are adorable. I saw a real baby turkey chick on a blog and believe it or not, they are fuzzy and cute...when they're young! lol!

The plates are gorgeous!

XO,
Jane

Richard Cottrell said...

Wonderful post as usual. Very clever. Best Thanksgiving wishes from my blog to yours, Richard and Sissy at My Old Historic House.

Connie (aka LOU) said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Alison! Hope all is well at The Polohouse.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

This year, I am not! Just making the desserts.. and I'm looking forward to it :-)

Emily said...

You're the best, mommy. I love you more than the sky is blue <3

Rebecca said...

You made up for your comment about "Tom" in your prior post. So many good ideas here. Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving - and, no, I'm not hosting this year! This is going to be NICE!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Great turkey ideas!!! Loved the first oreo one. Now I will go check out the platters! I have an old, inexpensive one, but after I get all the meat on it you can't really tell:):) I wish you and your family a happy, blessed and FILLING Thanksgiving! XO, Pinky

Town and Country Gals said...

Alison,
yes, Tom a bit ticked, he thought he was quite dashing, you know, with the feathers and all! LOL!
Very cute "turkey" treats. Will have to check out those platters, gorgeous!
Rebecca
PS. I just posted a race game I picked up at a yard sale, I think it's right up your alley, check it out if you get a chance.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I think you have made up with Mr. Tom! I'm still not completely in love myself. But I do like the festiveness he brings for the holiday.
Just a small family dinner for us. But being together is the most important part of the day.
Happy Turkey Day!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh so much fun darling Alison. The platters are TDF! Wish I got one for me. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
FABBY

Sarah said...

I think Tom will let this one go by. LOL You've given him plenty of press. Cute ideas!
Not hosting on Thanksgiving Day, but will on Wednesday and Friday evening. ;-)
All the best to you, Alison. ~ sarah

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I am hosting and wish I had know about these links to the turkey platters sooner. Oh, well.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Tom is so ugly that he is kinda adorable most of the time, isn't he?!?

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So fun, Alison! I shared some of my turkeys on my post tonight! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! XO

The enchanted home said...

Wishing you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving Alison!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Allison! What fun! Love the sandwich! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and congratulations for my pumkins! Happy Thanksgiving!...hugs...Debbie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Many Blessings to you and your love ones this Thanksgiving..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Anonymous said...

I just found your Blog and was incredibly thrilled to see my Turkey platter in your list of platters for sale (mine is the second one down from the top). I just wanted to let you know that your blog is awesome and one of my new favorites. Thanks so much for picking my platter out of all the platters out there (honestly, you have no idea how happy it made me, it totally made my day).

God bless you,
Amanda

Anne Marie said...

those are all so super cute....but I think I like the healthy turkey sandwich - that is such a great idea!
hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Alison...in your house, any celebration would be beautiful!!
xo+thankful blessings,
Anne Marie