Sunday, September 25, 2011

Idea House - Interior Shots




My last post shared with you
 the exterior of the
Bachmann's Idea House,
and as promised.... 
 here are some shots of the inside
of the house, which is a small
brick and stucco bungalow type Midwestern home.



Here is a shot taken last year of the house by my friend  Linda at ItsyBitsandPieces.blogspot,com


Coffee table in the family room.


As you know,
I am not one to shy away 
from taking lots of photos
when I am surrounded 
by INSPIRATION like this,
but my cell phone battery
was running out 
and so I had to skip a couple
rooms that I normally would not have!
So here is what I was able to capture
to share with you. 

Enjoy!

Also,
if you are completely inspired
by these photos and wish to see
more of the Idea House 
and seasons of the past,
please go visit sweet Linda's blog at


 (She has many photos in her archives that you can access there)

Fireplace in casual living room.

Wall in living room.




Wall in sitting porch that was set up as a bar.


Wall in dining room 





Boys bedroom upstairs

Lamp made from a stack or baby board books.

Headboard made from new numbers on tin, made to look old.



Armoire in master bedroom.

Garden headboard in master bedroom.


Scoops on a wall become candle holders in the master above a radiator unit.


Family bathroom is small but has lots of details.

Shabby shutter as a valance treatment.

Upstairs den becomes a TV and media room with a homework desk.


Homework desk station.

TV wall with chalkboard surround.
The End! 
\\

29 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

They always come up with such unique ideas for things. Cute kids rooms.

michele said...

how fantastic is that headboard????

i love that entire boy's bedroom!

michele

The Tuscan Home said...

I love it all, thanks for sharing with us! XO ~Liz

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Wow, such inspiration! :)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Aren't you sweet, Alison! I can hardly wait to see the fall house!! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

How wonderful! I want to go!

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

Love, love, love the boys bedroom. I want to copy every last detail. Also that wooden crate in the bathroom to hold all the bits and bobs - genius. Thanks for showing this to us. x Sharon

Tardevil said...

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

Wow - so many great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Amy Chalmers said...

Some places just look like they are made for fall decorating!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Great inspiration! So many details. Love the kids room!

Ricki Treleaven said...

WOW, Alison! Both posts are lovely, inside and out!

Babs said...

Alison, Both posts of the idea house are chocked full of ideas. I found myself saying "great idea", "how cute", "I want one of those". Thanks for taking all those photos.
Babs

Richard Cottrell said...

This home is amazing. What talent and imagination. They have to be young to keep up and do it all, old like me, it would never happen. The kid's room is the big bomb. I just love it and what kid would not be the happiest in the world to get to sleep there and bring his friends to visit and play. It is just wonderful. I am so pleased I got to take the tour. Richard from My Old Historic House.

laxsupermom said...

What a fantastic amount of inspiration! So many great ideas! Thanks for taking us along for the tour.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Alison I loved it all, thanks for sharing it with us!! Martina

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Alison, What beautiful Fall decor. The headboard is fabulous and I love the shelves covered with books. I have saved these photos in my inspiration file. Thanks!
Hugs,
Sherry

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

These are such great inspirational photos!! So much eye candy that I can't choose a favorite! I am a newbie to blogging and your newest follower. I hope you will follow back! Many blessings to you!

Kelly said...

thanks for sharing these interior pics. All of the rooms are so cleverly put together. I really like how they used things in ways they weren't intended. You notice that creative spin when you see things like that. The Fall florals were just beautiful too.

All That Glitters said...

You must know, I just love the boys room!

One of these days I'm going to finish my oldest boys room! I need a good swift kick!

Unknown said...

Decorating with natural elements is a simple and inexpensive way to brighten your home. Love all the photos. :)

Philippines properties for sale

interior designer Adelaide said...

Those were absolutely attractive. I personally believe that putting house accessories needs a special combination of potential hands and creative minds. A simple house accessory can do more than thousands if used attractively and creatively.

thistlewoodfarm said...

I have been pouring over your blog! You have such an incredible sense of style and so many great ideas! I pinned those numbers for inspiration! Thank you for sharing and thanks for the wonderful comment on my blog!
blessings,
karianne

roofing Aledo TX said...

Bar is the hub for many people to come and relax on the weekends. Everyone wants to enter it that welcomes them and makes them feel comfortable. Young people are very selective of which bar they go to, they often look out for the nicest one with great interior designs and great ambience.

Jen Gilday said...

Found you on pinterest!

Great post! Loved the storage in the bathroom above the sink!!

Jen
athomeinthenorthwestblog.com

Skylar Magazine said...

I absolutely love that book lamp and those old clocks. I am really into vintage clocks a lot lately.

Sarah

http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

HI there! I absolutely love your boys room! Any chance you can tell me where I can find that amazing bedding?

Thanks a ton!

-Sommer

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Somehow I missed this, saw it on your sidebar and came for a look. GREAT ideas, so much inspiration!!!

David said...

Nice design, too good to watch

Interior Designer in Delhi
Kitchen Interior Design
House Interior Design
Office Interior Design