Monday, September 16, 2013

Fall is for PLAID






Moss & Marsh ~ Plaid.
via Pinterest


tartan bedroom
via Pinterest


Fall is here!




And although here in the Midwest
we did not seem to get 
a full summer in
weather-wise


I'm personally ready 
for sweaters and jeans, bonfires,
chilly evenings, fall foliage,
apple cider, pumpkin bread
and even better --
I'm ready for my
PLAID.










So whether you wear them,
 decorate with them,
 cover up with them,

 carry your lunches in them,
or dance in them --- 
enjoy!



The Polohouse blog  Tartan trunk filled with plaid lap blankets



wonderful boxes


love tartan books




Plaid Jodhpurs
via Pinterest

Tartan table setting looks very festive. I have  this tartan on my sofa, it looks like Princess  Mary

Tartan pumps via Pinterest

tartan blanket
via Pinterest


tartan
via Achitectural Digest


So tell me,
how are you sporting 
your tartans
this fall?



Plaid - Just a Wee Tartan
via Pinterest



NOTE: All photos were
taken here at the Polohouse, 
unless stated otherwise.

Royal Stewart Red Tartan Plaid Wool Clutch.
via Etsy


via Pinterest

10 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Your home is such a showplace and I love all these plaid images. Alison you would be the perfect person to come out with a book all about plaid..you have such a wonderful eye.

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

I am such a sucker for anything tartan and these pictures are amazing! Especially the little boy in the kilt...just precious!

Have a lovely Monday! xoxo

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Alison, these are such beautiful images! I love plaid and plan on adding touches of it to the home office. I love the layering that Ralph Lauren does!

Pura Vida said...

what darling photos to get us all in the mood!

therelishedroost said...

I love all these images! THe dogs are too cute! I would love to find a fabulous plaid pea coat for fall! I would also like to find jus the right green wool plaid for pillows for library project... the search is on!
Beautiful post!
Best,Karolyn

michele said...

hi alison!

i have a wool plaid tote you would love! can't wait to break it out when the season changes.

really wanted to visit you at the recent show but had the busiest week and weekend in a long time.

also, do you have any contact info for bonnie? i never ever heard back from her and fully expected a crew would be coming this summer. her email address doesn't even work for me so i'm pretty bummed.

smiles to you.

michele

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Allison, I LOVE plaid and always enjoying seeing the photos of your house!

Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I second Tina, you should write a book!

Sarah said...

I'm going to follow Tina and Elizabeth, you should do a book on plaid and tartans. What fun that would be!
Couldn't pick a favorite image here. the doggies are really cute, but then those children are adorable. The plaid vignettes around The Polohouse are exquisite.
Big sigh, Alison. I keep scrolling up and down taking it all in. So ready for some colder weather so I can snuggle under my favorite tartan throw.

Becca Bertotti said...

I'm ready for all that Fall brings, too! And, I KNOW you love celebrating your gorgeous plaid goodies this time of year! Love the pics you shared ... I'm thinking I need to add a bit o' plaid, too! Happy Fall!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So pretty, Alison...love that photo of the little boy!